A female is not only the beautiful but also one of the most important creations of god especially for her ability to reproduce. Ayurveda gives prime importance to the health of women as she plays multi-dimensional roles like a student, a mother, a working women and the list is endless. Ayurveda is a health care system sensitive to women’s special health needs. Women are far more sensitive to the rhythms and cycles of nature and Ayurveda is founded on the principle of keeping the body toned in tune with nature and naturally women find Ayurveda very suitable.
AYURVEDA FOR GYNECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS:
Ayurveda Stree Rogam (Gynaecology) and Prasuti tantra (Obstetrics) constitute among the eight branches of Ayurveda.
- Stree rogam manages the symptoms of different infections identified with Women alongside the diagnosis, pathology and treatment.
- Prasuti tantra is related to strategies for accomplishing reproductive health.
Food and other habits contribute a great deal towards a women’s health. It is largely the outcome of the disturbance of three doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha along side the blood leading towards various illness.
- When vayu gets bothered in the genitals and reproductive organs, it offers ascend to penetrating and different sorts of pain, stiffness, a sensation of ants crawling, hardness and numbness of the vagina, exhaustion, thin and rough menstrual bleeding, a sentiment instant relief after discharge of menstrual blood so forth.
- Thus, burning sensation, inflammation, swelling, fever, heat, discoloration of menstrual are a percentage of the regular manifestations of irritation of pitta in the regenerative organ.
- Itching sensation in the genitals with mild pain and pale menstrual flow are a percentage of the symptoms of aggravation of kapha.
Common gynaecological disorders faced by the females:
- Insufficient or delayed menstrual periods (Amenorrhoea)
- Painful Menstrual periods (Dysmenorrhoea)
- Lower Back Pain
- PCOD/ PCOS
- Cyst formation in Ovaries, Uterus
- Uterine Fibroids /polyps (non – cancerous tumours)
- Breast lump
- Leucorrhoea (white discharge)
- Vaginitis (vaginal itching, dryness & infection)
- Cervix and uterus infections (including fungal, bacterial, viral, and protozoal)
- Painful sex
- Low sex drive
- Uterus & ovarian cancers
- Uterus prolapse
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Lower back pain
CAUSE BEHIND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS:
- Improper diet & Improper lifestyle – menstruation is a natural process that is bound to happen & detoxifies our body. At this time, body needs extra nutritious diet to cover up the loss of blood from the body. Otherwise it weakens the whole body functioning. But present unhealthy dietary habits of people create many disorders. Especially females getting more beauty conscious but not at all health conscious. They are not even taking the minimum diet required for proper body functioning in order to get zero figures. This makes her very weak from inside, produce stress and more prone to infection or diseases. Late night sleeps due to extra work or more inclusion in TV & mobiles & contributed to these problems to a great extent. Lesser the physical work she will be doing, weaker will be her pelvic muscles which are very important in her reproductive system.
- Availability of poor quality milk & milk products – There is an emergency cell, oxytocin which is produced in females during delivery for milk production. But these days, she is getting this hormone on daily basis through bad sources of milk which is extracted from cows & buffaloes forcibly through injections & chemical medications. Excess of this hormone causes contraction of uterus which causes distress in an unborn baby. It also causes nausea & slow heart rate in the mother & serious diseases like water intoxication, allergies & uterus rupture.
- Nuclear families – concept of nuclear families is very common these days which is indirectly affecting the health of females in a negative way. Earlier grandparents were there to take care of the children & many other things. But now sole responsibility of everything is on the females, specially working ladies. Due to huge burden, poor sleep, stress & malnutrition, ladies are getting weaker & most likely suffer from any kind of gynaecological problem.
- Self medication – More the females are getting educated, more likely they start doing self medication by just checking on the internet. These medicines create toxin inside the body & causes hormonal disorders. This need to be avoided & timely diagnose & treatment need to be done from a good Ayurveda doctor as delay in these cases can leads to permanent infertility & even cancer.
- Lifestyle related diseases – Auto-immune diseases like hypertension, diabetes, thyroid, & obesity are very common these days that leads to the hormonal imbalance & weakness inside the body which makes a female body more prone to gynaecological disease. Too much stress, Lack of exercise & less physical activeness are the basic causes of above auto immune diseases.
- Lack of proper sex education – Often we feel to avoid any kind of sex related discussions in front of our younger ones. But children have the mentality to get more curious about unknown or a hidden thing. It is better to give them this knowledge through right sources by including in syllabus & at home so that they can’t get it from wrong sources & can maintain hygiene & take necessary precautions at later stage.
- Excessive use of sex related medication – Excessive stress, lack of hygiene & poor lifestyle impacts the body hormones in both male & female. It cause various sex related issues & people start taking chemical drugs/ medicines to enhance stamina & to improve their sex life but these drugs makes sex organs weaker with time & often leads to infections, STIs, & even permanent damage to that organ. One should try to improve the lifestyle & take advice from good ayurveda doctor to avoid these issues.
- Bad treatment procedures – with technology advancement, treatment procedures are becoming fast & easier but more unhygienic & unhealthy. Chemical prone surgery procedures, breast implantation, more caesarean deliveries than normal are harmful our body. For one-time benefit, a female must not sacrifice with her internal body functioning & health.
- Climate change – more pollution & urea prone food articles have also contributed to this problem by disturbing the health & functioning of body hormones.
TIPS TO AVOID SUCH PROBLEMS:
- Proper diet – we must understand that a female needs more nutritional diet than a male due to extra requirement of blood in her body to remain healthy during menstrual periods. Also, she will not get the good figure by skipping meals but by taking correct & nutritional meals at regular intervals as she has to perform the dual responsibility of a homemaker as well as of a professional. She must remain physically active by yoga or workouts.
- Healthy lifestyle – Female as a natural human being must follow biological clocks for timely sleeping, eating & everything. Too much stress & responsibilities must be avoided by sharing it with closed ones. Males must also take good care of the females. Due to menopause, detoxification process slows down in women after 40’s, which causes disturbance in body functioning. At that time, healthy lifestyle is very much required.
- Pollution reduction – Polluted air, water & food have created so many health problems & females are prone to it as their hormones are more sensitive as compared to males. So, proper care must be taken to reduce pollution as much as possible.
- Herbal treatment – As female related problems are more due to hormonal disorders. So, chemical prone medication makes them weaker & prone to infection & diseases. Herbal treatment must get preference as much as possible in case of females. There are many good herbs in Ayurveda like Ashoka chaal, Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Lodhra, Amla, Haldi, Manjistha, Neem etc. which not just do the internal healing of women but also increase their beauty by giving nourishment & nutrients to skin & body.
- Proper sex education – Government must instruct educational institutes to include proper sex education in syllabus at right levels so that youngsters must know these things from right sources in spite of getting it from unauthenticated or bad sources (internet, videos, magazines). It will help a lot in betterment of society also.
- Social inclusion – excessive use of computers & mobiles has made the hormones weak & infectious. It’s better to have friends but a human is a social animal & personal interactions are very necessary to be happy & healthy. Social gathering is essential to keep yourself healthy both physically & mentally.
- Timely treatment – Gynaecological problems needs to be timely diagnosed for treatment before they become more serious or even incurable. Ayurveda has the remedy for almost all gynaecological problems but initiative must be required from the patient as chemical treatment will just give the temporary results & will also have serious side effects.
Ayurveda Treatment for various Gynaecological problems:
Age plays a big role in the hormonal change in a female. After entering into a teenage when menstruation procedure starts, a female body faces many hormonal changes & changes in specific body organs also which sometimes creates health issues if proper care is not given to body at that time. So, Ayurveda has some precious herbs which helps to balance the hormones, tones the uterus, nourishes the skin & helps in increases beauty of a female. In total, these herbs keep the body in harmony.
For various gynaecological diseases, Ayurveda has many effective Panchakarma Therapies and potent classical formulations not just to prevent & cure these problems but for the complete internal healing of the body.
What ever your gynaecological disorder be we have the solution for it. We provide the best Ayurveda treatment for gynaecological diseases in Uttrakhand.