It’s a beautiful world filled with wonderful colours, but it can mean nothing if your eyesight is compromised. Our ayurvedic doctors are adept in diagnosing conditions of the eye and have been proven to be effective in managing and treating them.
Typical eyesight difficulties and diseases are a result of a hectic lifestyle and the burden of stress on the mind. The eyes and the mind are closely connected. The eyes as a primary sensory organ reflect the stress of the mind and this in turn affects the eye muscles, creating problems in sight. Our ayurvedic treatment and therapies can heal different eye diseases like-
Allergic Conjunctivitis/Spring Catarrh
Dry Eye Syndrome
Age Relayed Macular Degeneration
High Myopic Degeneration
Nystagmus Ptosis Bell’s Palsy
Detachment of Retina
We do not intend to provide symptomatic relief but we ensure that you get authentic and holistic treatment to cure the problem from its roots. The treatment process includes-
- Detail History taking
- Eye examination
- Intake of oral ayurvedic medicines
- Panchakarma eye therapies
- Eye Exercises
- Proper Diet regimen
Comon Causes of eye disease-
- Sudden variation in body temperature-eg. Taking cold water bath when the body temperature is higher causes eye disease.
- Alteration in sleep pattern- eg. Day sleep after taking food, and late sleeping habit in night (seen in shift jobs).
- Excessive anger, stress.
- Controlling natural urges like, urination, defecation etc.
- Excessive smoking & drinking.
- Suppressing acidity by frequent intake of antacids.
- Continuously viewing minute objects.
- Taking more liquid in diet (cause hypo-vitaminosis which leads to eye disorder)
- Excessive sexual intercourse
- Consumption of salty, sour diet, junk food etc.
- Excessive intake of non-vegetarian products.
- Accidental injury to eyes.
Common prodromal symptoms of eye diseases
- Lacrimation (watering from eyes)
- Pricking sensation
- Foreign body sensation
- Visual disturbance
- Hampered function of any part of eye
Some preventive measures that can help
- Taking sufficient amount of cow’s ghee in daily diet (rich in Omega 3 Fatty acids).
- Padaabyanga– Foot sole massage by cow’s ghee or coconut oil at bed time daily.
- Taking 10-2 sleep at night.
- Eating healthy rather tasty.
- Avoid direct contact of sun light, dust, and smoke.
- Avoiding excessive anger and stress.
Panchakarma eye therapies-
- Netra Tarpan
- Netra dhara
For details, refer to Netra Kriyakalpa page.